Introduced in 1994, by Michel Boehm, the George Foreman Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine is a very convenient and an easy way to make delicious and healthy food at home. This has been a very good alternative to cooking or grilling using charcoal. Professional boxer George Foreman marketed this product and calls this as “the machine that knocks out the fat”. This product does not only make cooking easier with the electric grill but it is also a way of cooking healthier fat-free food. It’s riveted and angled design does not allow the fat and the grease t be cooked with the food. The George Foreman Lean Mean Fat Grilling Machine features two waffle plates, two non-stick grill plates, and one griddle plate.
With Foreman as the spokesperson, the popularity of this product has gone high and has been one of the most sought after cooking material on most households. It has also become more in demand for students and working professionals who hare always up for quick meals.
How does it work?
The George Foreman Lean Mean Fat Grilling Machine works by clamping down and it cooks the meat from top to bottom. It creates moisture and heat so the steam is recirculating in between the grill plates.
How to use the George Foreman Lean Mean Fat Grilling Machine?
1. First is you have to wipe the machine if it is the first time that you are using this. This will remove the dust that may be present.
2. Then you have to close the lid and then plug its power cord to an electrical power outlet (120V AC). The power light will turn on and this will indicate that it is now on the heating process. Allow the machine five (5) minutes to preheat.
3. Open the lid and then slide Drip Tray which is located at the front of the unit.
4. Then put the item or the meat to that you will be cooking at the cooking plate.
5. Ten carefully close the lid and then allow the meat or item to cook at a given period of time.
6. After the desired period of time, your food may now be cooked, you have to disconnect the plug from the power outlet.
7. Then very carefully, by using a pot holder, open the lid.
8. Gently and very carefully open the remove the food by using the plastic spatula that came with the package. Keep in mind that you have to always use a plastic or wooden utensils to avoid scratching’s on the non-stick surface.
9. When the machine is now cool, you may now remove the Dip tray and empty it. Before that everything is cooled before removing it.
Maintaining the George Foreman Lean Mean Fat Grilling Machine
1. Make sure that the machine is unplugged from the power outlet and make sure that it is cool.
2. Put the Dip Tray in front of the grilling machine and then by the use of the plastic spatula, scrape off excess fats and other food particles. Using an absorbent paper try and wipe the plates.
3. Wash the Drip Tray with warm and soapy water and then wipe it dry after.
4. Remember, never use scouring pads or steel wool in cleaning any parts of the Grilling Machine.